Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ban on Public Breastfeeding

So, in just the short amount of time since I wrote my last post, N and I have fallen prey to whatever virus has been ailing K for the past week. Naturally. So now it's three of us with snotty noses, soar throats, and slight fevers...FUN!

I don't think we've ever had so many bouts of illness since K has been BORN as we've had in the past two months. I guess I should be thankful it's not my tiny infant that's sick...but rather my big, strong toddler who isn't about to let a little taste of the flue slow him down. (Too much that is. I've been relishing all this extra sleeping he's been doing...a NAP during the day AND 12+ hours of night sleeping...can this REALLY be my kid?!)

In the meantime, I'd like to pass along this rather alarming article. Forest Park, a suburb outside of Atlanta has recently passed a ban on public breastfeeding for anyone over the age of 2. Apparently this is viewed as a proactive approach to enforcing public nudity laws...

??????????????????????????????????

Because, clearly, once a woman is nursing a child over the age of two, it becomes a seductive sexual display of nudity rather than the provision of nourishment to her child. Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love reading your comments, and I try very hard to respond to each one. Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...